Kratom potentiators: The Complete Guide
Kratom is a herb which is renowned for its potent properties, enabling users to achieve pain relief, stimulation, relaxation, mood elevation, sedation, and even euphoria. However, despite the impressive power of Kratoms, why stop at these levels?
Can we squeeze even more out of Kratoms amazing potency? You will be surprised to know that this is indeed possible through the action of a variety of potentiates. These have the effect of enhancing the benefits of Kratom and even masking its bitter taste. What are some of these potentiators? I am going to reveal all this in a while but first a quick word about potentiators.
What is Potentiator?
Many things in nature, work, grow and thrive better together than in isolation. The effect is often known as synergy because the combined effects beat the individual effects produced separately. It is the same with foods, herbs, and remedies like that provided by Kratom. Through such synergy, Kratom potency can be increased tremendously, and the best thing about it is that the dramatic effects are realized with much smaller doses.
Options of kratom potentiators
I am going to give you these three great choices for potentiating Kratom and maximizing its impact.
- Potentiating with natural foods
- Potentiating with teas
- Potentiating with supplements
Natural foods for potentiating Kratom
Some of these natural foods are simply sitting in your kitchen cupboards, but they make great Kratom potentiators.
- Tumeric – This Well-known Indian spice tops the choices of natural foods as the biggest booster of Kratom. Many users attest to its power of sending your Kratom experience to soaring and exhilarating levels. It will maximize the physical impact of Kratom, significantly lengthening the duration of the effects. This is one food item that you will not want to miss in your stock the next time you are using Kratom. Tumeric works great even for those who have built Kratom tolerance. Moreover, it has great anti-inflammatory properties and can help to relieve pain adding to Kratoms pain management qualities.
- Grapefruit juice – this potentiator can also work wonders in heightening your Kratom powder. Users often mix it with the Kratom powder to help with the unpleasant taste of Kratom. It can also be taken into the mouth shortly after eating a spoon of Kratom powder. Consciously or not, users who take it usually end up with more prolonged Kratom effects coupled with an intense effect. Even the peels are thought to make good potentiators, so, by all means, chew them if you can!
- Cayenne pepper – As well as being a great body detoxifier and cleanser, cayenne pepper can greatly elevate Kratom potency and its effects. It can be taken mixed directly with Kratom powder along with some water. It can produce a very bad experience for most people who can’t tolerate spicy food in high amounts. So it is advised to take smaller amounts. Although it is known that it has a potentiating impact on Kratom potency, it is not clear if this extends to duration time as well. Cayenne pepper’s high content of capsaicin can also go a long way to relieve you of pain. Its mixture with Kratom powder and water is sometimes further spiced up with turmeric.
- Lemon balm – This herb has a mild sedating effect which makes it a popular choice for making you sleep deeply and blissfully. It acts by having a calming influence on your brain. Though it can be used on its own, it can dramatically increase Kratom’s sedation effects
- CBD Oil – this non-psychoactive derivative of cannabis can be used in conjunction with Kratom to deliver some health benefits. Some of these include tackling pain, fibromyalgia, depression, and anxiety. CBD acts on the endocannabinoid system, balancing it to control cognitive and physical activities that affect pain and mood.
- Watercress – this lettuce has incredible potentiating effects on Kratom, bringing along a rich cocktail of minerals for the result. Some users have indicated that it prolongs the Kratom effects without changing the intensity.
- Akuamma Seed – this is not the tastiest substance around, but you will be thankful about the results once you can get that behind you. The seeds, which are taken between 1 to 3 for a dose, have to be ground before you take it with Kratom. It leads to a much potent result, although some people have stated that it lengthens the Kratom effects.
- Magnesium – this may not be many people’s favorite, but it is worth adding it here for consideration. The reason why many don’t prefer it despite its great potentiating effects is that it comes with side effects on your body. The potentiating effect comes from lowering your Kratom tolerance levels which pave the way for enhanced Kratom potency. Nonetheless, it is something you want to use with great caution to avoid its side effects.
- Agmatine – this metabolite of L-arginine, an essential amino – acid, works together with opioids to relieve pain. Agmatine is useful in fighting addiction to opioids and the prevention of tolerance. It activates the adrenal glands, triggering the production of opioids. It also stimulates the production of endorphins which act as a painkiller.
Great Supplements as Kratom potentiators
- Valerian – this root is excellent for maximizing Kratom’s power to make you relax. It is often used as a sleep aid to combat insomnia
- Cats claws – this comes with its supply of alkaloids, thus multiplying the alkaloid content that is available to your body. The combination is a pronounced effect on both the potency and duration of Kratom’s effects
- Caffeine – All it will take is one cup of this, and your lethargy will be swept away. This can give a boost to your Kratom if you are looking for energy and stimulation
Teas as Kratom potentiators
- Chamomile tea – This is a great favorite of many users to enhance their Kratom experience. It has won popularity among Kratom users because it dramatically increases the duration time of the Kratom effects. However, you may need to use another potentiator in its place if you are using green or white Kratom strains which are used of energy.
How to use Kratom potentiators effectively
These options for potentiating Kratom won’t do you any good if you get your timing wrong. You should not take them together or just shortly after swallowing the Kratom. For an ideal outcome, allow an interval of at least 45 minutes between taking the potentiating substance and Kratom. The potentiator should always be taken first followed by the Kratom. Keep in mind that you need not take more than one potentiator each time you take Kratom. One is sufficient, and more does not improve your experience.
Maximizing the Digestion of Kratom
Another way of looking at Kratom potentiation is in terms of its Digestion in your stomach. Digestion is your body’s, way of breaking substances into much smaller elements so that it can easily extract the benefits from the elements that it can absorb. Unfortunately, this process of Digestion isn’t always 100% perfect, so some Kratom can go undigested and therefore unabsorbed by your body. However, they are two fabulous supplements you can use to boost your Digestion and ensure you don’t lose your Kratom
- Pancreatin – this mixture of enzymes is the answer to a poor digestive system. The enzymes it contains are designed to break down food substances thus tackling the problem of malabsorption effectively
- Papaya enzymes – Packed with digestive enzymes, this aromatic and tasty fruit will greatly help with your Digestion. It will also act to optimize your blood sugar levels, keeping you healthy. Since many enzymes are destroyed during cooking, it is a good practice to eat your food along with papaya enzymes.
How do potentiators work
The principal way through which most potentiation works is by the slowing down of metabolism. The potentiating substance acts on an enzyme called cytochrome P450 by inhibiting it or hindering its efficiency. This enzyme is behind the breakdown of Kratom alkaloids and their removal from your body. Its hindrance thus helps to keep alkaloids longer in your body, delivering and prolonging their effects.
Kratom has brought an avalanche of goodies for people seeking various remedies as well as a ton of recreational benefits. Yet, some of these may stop short of the ideal in terms of duration time and the intensity of the effects. Potentistiers provide a, way out of this logjam, so users don’t need to be stuck with Kratom’s natural ceiling. As you can see, there are various options for potentiators, and some work differently from others. You will need to choose which ones are your favorites as some have more to do with personal taste than simple efficacy.
If it is your first time using potentiators, you may have to experiment with each one from the list and discover your best pick. Most people, however, experience very positive results with grapefruit, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
Hi there, I’m Michael and the owner of Buds & Blossoms. I’m a former opioid addict and I survived a three-year addiction. With the help of kratom I managed to get my life back on track and the main goal of this site is to inform and help people. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.