What is Kratom High
Kratom has been widely touted as a remedy for many health problems such as fatigue, stress, depression, or chronic pain. But kratom also has uses that extend beyond medicinal purposes. This is where the issue of getting kratom high comes in. Kratom highs are usually not connected to getting any relief from ailments. So what’s their purpose?
It’s usually recreational when all you want is to experience heightened pleasurable sensations, or you just want to get into the party mood. Another reason for seeking a kratom high is to help with the process of quitting opiates. But is it legal? In this article, I will help you find out more about kratom highs, how they are attainable, and the legality behind it.
Kratom is a plant that thrives in the evergreen tropical jungles of South East Asia. The locals of these areas such as Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, etc. discovered the fascinating effects of this tree hundreds of year ago. Throughout that time, they consumed the leaves of the tree to derive various benefits such as relief from pain, energy for their hard labor and relaxation.
However, the locals also knew that the herb had recreational effects as well; so they used it for various traditional ceremonies to achieve the modern equivalent of a party mood. It has also been used as a way of spicing up one’s sex life.
With the discovery and arrival of kratom in recent years into Western society, kratom was quickly recognized as a perfect alternative for opiates, a mainly recreational drug which has been linked with many American deaths. Kratom has an uncanny resemblance to opiates as it produces some of the same effects. For this reason, it has been wrongly labeled an opiate. Kratom acts on the same brain receptors, which are activated by opiates. This is why it produces opiate-like effects.
How kratom gives you a high
Not all kratom strains are the same in giving you a high. Also getting high is dose-dependent. At low doses, all kratom strains give a stimulation. The effect has been compared to one you get from coffee, except it is much more elevated. A moderate dose will induce a euphoric feeling. When you increase the dose further to higher levels, you end up with effects that are similar to those that you get from opiates. The opiate-like effects are the ultimate level of highs that you get from kratom. This effect can be described as a rush.
Side effects of a kratom high
High doses of kratom can lead to the following kratom high side effects.
- Enhance your energy and alertness levels
- Increased libido
- Reduction in appetite
- More sociability
- Problems in coordination
Kratom high dose symptoms include.
- Pain relief
Kratom strains to give opiate-like high
Different kratom strains differ in what they can give in terms of a kratom high. So which kratom strains are the best for giving you a kratom high? The best strains to give you a kratom high include the following.
- White Maeng Da – this is, without question, the most potent kratom that is capable of giving you opiate-like highs. This is mainly down to its high alkaloid content that can significantly prolong the effects of euphoria, energy, and an ecstatic mood. These effects usually start to hit at moderate or high doses. That amounts to 5 gm and upwards. At higher doses than that the euphoric effect intensifies. The same effect can be achieved when you use high doses of Green Maeng Da. These dose levels are not recommended for people who are new to kratom.
- Green Malay – although this strain is also potent in delivering opiate-like highs, it’s not as powerful as White Maeng Da. The effects have been described as more subtle. This is another dose level that beginners should not try until they have known their tolerance levels from using smaller doses.
- White Bali – this strain will give you the ultimate euphoric rush. It has intense effects in triggering your energy, adrenaline and an eruption of euphoria. A large dose will get you pretty close to an opiate-like high.
People who use kratom to achieve kratom highs may not only be seeking recreational effects. Sometimes it can because they want help with opiate withdrawal, which can be a very severe problem. These are some of the benefits you can get by using kratom for opiate withdrawal.
- It has potent pain relief abilities that make it quite similar to morphine.
- It has sedative effects that leave you highly relaxed.
- It increases your level of control and brings you more calm.
- Helps your mind to focus better and generates a positive feeling of motivation
- It sweeps away your anxieties.
- It has anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Its opiate-like effects can help you drop opiates.
- It can elevate your energy levels which help to curb exhaustion and depression.
- Taken in low doses, it can revitalize your mental performance.
Best kratom strains for opiate withdrawal
Red Vein kratom – this kratom strain is the one that tops all others as the recommended one for opiate withdrawal. White strains aren’t great at taking away your pain, and they are too energizing, depriving you of the calmness that you need. They will also escalate anxiety which doesn’t help when you are already grappling with anxiety.
Green kratom also tends to give too much energy that can make it difficult to relieve opiate withdrawal symptoms.
When people become addicted to morphine, heroin, and other drugs while seeking pain relief, they can turn to red Vein kratom, which also relieves pain. However, the red strains themselves differ in potency as an aid to opiate withdrawals. The following are your best red kratom options for beating opiate withdrawal.
- Red Maeng Da – this strain is excellent for your efforts to quit opiates. Its high alkaloid content has a very relaxing effect, putting you at ease and yet also bolstering you with enough energy. The best dose to go with is moderate levels.
- The withdrawal effects of opiates can leave you in a severe state and even taking on kratom amid this will be no easy task. To deal with the taste issue if you find the kratom too unpleasant, you can opt for kratom capsules, or you can prepare a tea beverage with the kratom powder.
- Red Bali kratom – this is another great choice to aid in opiate withdrawal. Also taken at moderate dosage levels, this strain will produce a high that is opiate-like. It confers you with pain relief and a little of some sedative effects, easing the path for you to achieve opiate withdrawal.
Dosages for an opiate withdrawal
The dosage you use to achieve opiate withdrawal has to be determined individually. That’s because it depends on several factors that are individually based, such as your tolerance levels, your specific goals, and your physical and mental shape. The kratom quality also plays a part because the purity of your kratom determines your dose.
Given all these factors, you will have to experiment your way to your ideal dose, but you must intentionally start with a low dose.
- If you manage to get pure kratom, just about 2 gm will be needed as your low dose to start with. Pure kratom will give put you in a calm state coupled with relief from pain. Most importantly, it will give you a greater sense of control and drive away from the craving to reach out for opiates. You will also feel an elevation in focus as well as a surge in energy.
- If you go for a moderate dose, you will be using about 5 gm of kratom. This dose keeps what you had before with the lower dose such as energy and focus. Also, you should see more pain relief as well as relaxation and the onset of an opiate high. Typically, most people seeking opiate withdrawal hit their sweet spot in this 2 to 5 gm window.
Kratom Dosage for getting opiate-like high
Achieving an opiate-like high with kratom needs a much higher dose besides choosing the right kratom strain. Unfortunately, high kratom doses can quickly lead to tolerance. So, you need to start with low doses as you work your way up probing for the right level for you. Assuming your kratom is pure, and you have the appropriate kratom strain such as Red Borneo or Green Malay, a euphoric opiate high is achievable at a dose of between 6 gm and 8 gm.
Kratom high has become useful for more than recreational purposes. Many people have found it essential too as their way out of opiate addiction and withdrawal process. Since kratom is legal in the US, it is considered as a legal high.
Hi there, I’m Michael and the owner of Buds & Blossoms. I’m a former opioid addict and I survived a three-year addiction. With the help of kratom I managed to get my life back on track and the main goal of this site is to inform and help people. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.