Introduction to Kratom Tea
There are so many ways to get Kratom into your system. Some people prefer taking Kratom powder through the popular toss n ’wash method while others mix the powder with yogurt or protein shakes. Some people can’t stand the taste of Kratom and hence opt for Kratom capsules. Whatever the method you choose, you should enjoy the effects of this powerful herb so long as it is of high quality and taken as required.
Kratom Tea is yet another popular method of consuming Kratom. Here, people use crashed or powdered Kratom leaves and boil them to come up with the tea.
Now, you should know that there are different recipes for making Kratom Tea. The good thing is that all of these recipes are pretty straightforward and hence anyone should be in a position to prepare powerful Kratom Tea right from their homes. Depending on your preference, you can choose any of the recipes available because all of them will result in a highly beneficial beverage provided that you follow the direction appropriately.
In this review, we will take you through the easiest and most effective way of making Kratom Tea. Through this recipe, you should have the tea ready for consumption within 20 minutes.
But before all of that, let’s first take a look at the benefits of consuming high-quality Kratom tea:
Benefits of Kratom Tea
A warm cup of Kratom tea is known to achieve the following results:
Energy Boost – Kratom can be used like coffee where it boosts energy levels. Certain strains of Kratom can be prepared into some tea which you can take in the morning or during daytime to supplement your energy levels.
Recovery from addiction – Studies have shown that Kratom can be used as a replacement for opioid drugs. This herb affects the human brain and central nervous system almost the same way opioid drugs do yet it doesn’t result in the harmful effects associated with heroin and other similar drugs. Taking Kratom tea will help to prevent the cravings of opiates and hence the user will no longer feel the urge of taking the drugs.
Provide calmness – Kratom tea can also be used to relieve stress and anxiety thus promoting relaxation. Research has shown that one of the active compounds of Kratom, Mitragynine, stimulate relaxation at neuromuscular junctions which helps you to calm down.
Enhance mood – According to one study by the Universiti Putra Malaysia injection of Mitragynine in mice resulted in antidepressant effects. This is one of the studies on which the basis of anti-depressant effects of Kratom are based on. People have used the herb to fight depression and improve mood and enthusiasm.
Pain relief – This is perhaps the most popular benefit of taking Kratom. The herb has successfully been used to numb chronic pain stemming from different conditions and injuries. Kratom tea can also be used for this purpose.
Kratom Tea Requirements
Here is what you need to make Kratom tea:
- Either powdered or crushed Kratom leaves
- Measuring scale (digital)
- French press
- Lemon juice
You can also decide to use some sweeteners. These will help in dealing with the bitter taste of Kratom but you must be careful on which sweetener you use to avoid compromising the performance of Kratom.
With the above items in place, follow the instructions below to make the tea:
- Use the digital scale to measure the dosage of Kratom you need. This dose will depend on various factors including the effects you are looking for, tolerance, metabolism, body weight and concentration of the Kratom strain you are using. In most cases, 2-3g of Kratom will deliver subtle effects. This is the recommended dose for starters. At 3-4g, Kratom will have mild stimulant-like effects while 4-6g makes the herb a moderate analgesic, sedative, and stimulant. Doses beyond 6g result in strong sedative, analgesic and euphoric effects all of which are extremely dangerous.
- Add the Kratom powder, one cup of hot water and two tablespoons of lemon juice, into the French press.
- Let the mixture stay for around 15 minutes while stirring occasionally
- You can then decide to wash the Kratom a second time. This will extract even more alkaloids. Proceed to pour the tea into a mug and add half a cup of water, and two tablespoons of lemon juice and put it back into the French press. Leave it there for another 5-10 minutes as you stir it occasionally.
- It’s at this point where people with sweeteners such as stevia and raw honey will add them into the mixture.
- Stir the tea a bit after adding the sweetener and just like that your Kratom tea will be ready to use.
Why Should you use Kratom tea?
With so many options out there, what makes Kratom tea standout? What advantages are there from consuming Kratom through tea?
- Better taste – Kratom tea doesn’t taste 100% good but it is miles better than taking the raw powder. The taste gets even better if you use sweeteners.
- Prevents abdominal pain – Numerous studies have linked the use of Kratom to abdominal pain. This appears to be an adverse reaction of excessive consumption of Kratom but some people have experienced it even though they were using moderate doses. Anecdotal evidence shows that using Kratom tea helps to combat this reaction.
- It’s a motivating ritual – The entire process of preparing to make Kratom tea, making and enjoying it will become a ritual that you will always look forward to. Sipping the warm tea is also much gentler compared to consuming raw powder and popping capsules. In summary, it’s all so satisfying and it’ll motivate you to do it even more thus improving the results.
- Lemon juice acts as a potentiator – The alkaloids found in Kratom can dissolve in certain citric acids. This allows your body to absorb even more of the alkaloids through the citric acid. By dissolving in the acids, the psychoactive elements of Kratom will also be protected against enzymes. As a result, the user gets to enjoy stronger effects for extended periods.
Disadvantages of using Kratom Tea
- Time-consuming – The process of making Kratom tea might be too much a task especially to people with a busy life. From this point of view, Toss n’ Wash and most other methods are a more convenient way of consuming Kratom than the tea.
- Taste – Like we pointed out, Kratom tea’s taste isn’t 100% pleasant. You will still be left with a rather foul taste in your mouth especially if you don’t add any sweeteners. Therefore, this tea won’t be so enticing to some people as compared to capsules where the user’s taste buds never come into direct contact with Kratom powder.
When everything is said and done, Kratom tea is one of the most satisfying methods of consuming this herb. The thought of making the tea alone will excite your mind and relax your nerves.
You can also check out the online market place for Kratom tea bags in case you find the entire process too much. Sadly, these are not easy to come by and you will also have to be extremely cautious when choosing a vendor.
Hi there, I’m Michael and the owner of Buds & Blossoms. I’m a former opioid addict and I survived a three-year addiction. With the help of kratom I managed to get my life back on track and the main goal of this site is to inform and help people. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.